Brian Hairston recognized for commitment to youth mentoring

Lopez presents Hairston the youth mentoring award

Cody Lopez, associate director for programming for College Mentors for Kids (right) presents Brian Hairston, Virginia Cooperative Extension 4-H youth development agent in Henry County/Martinsville, the Inspire Award for Youth Mentoring award.

College Mentors for Kids presented Brian Hairston, Virginia Cooperative Extension 4-H youth development agent in Henry County/Martinsville, its Youth Mentoring award as part of its 2017 Inspire Awards celebration held Feb. 23 in Indianapolis. Seven inspiring community leaders were named Mentors of the Year for mentoring excellence in the workplace and community by College Mentors for Kids.

Hairston was recognized by multiple mentees for mentoring through the 4-H program. “Brian Hairston is one of the most inspiring, down to earth people I know. He not only pushes you to go beyond your limited, but he is there with a helping hand along the way. He sees your abilities and potential before you do and never gives up on the bright future he sees ahead for you. Mr. Hairston has opened many doors for me by making me escape my comfort zone to go above and beyond in order to reach my goals.”

Continue reading >>

Save