The Virginia 4-H Livestock Judging and Livestock Skillathon teams finished first and third in their respective national contests, which were held in November at the North American International Livestock Exposition in Louisville, Kentucky. The Livestock Judging Team competed against 31 other teams in the 92nd National 4-H Livestock Judging Contest. The team’s first-place finish gave Virginia back-to-back national championships. The team beat second-place South Dakota by 10 points and third-place Pennsylvania by 16 points.
Members of the Livestock Judging Team included
- Kam Childers of Ewing, Virginia.
- Sarah Jane French of Cumberland, Virginia.
- Jenna Kibler of Edinburg, Virginia.
- Simon Liggett of Mt. Solon, Virginia.
- Jake McCall (alternate) of Greenville, Virginia.
- Cole Reeves (alternate) of Churchville, Virginia.
- Cassidy Simmons (alternate) of Staunton, Virginia.
Bain Wilson, youth livestock educator at Virginia Tech, coached the team.