Virginia 4-H Foundation – Chair’s Update

Dear Friends,

In a recent conversation with a young professional from Blacksburg, I mentioned that I was on the Virginia 4-H Foundation Board. She was quick to say, “I’m an All Star and I love 4-H!” As I shared with her our foundation goals she said the magic words, “I want to be involved, I want to give back. 4-H was so important to me. How can I help?”

Thank you, Heather! What a great response from a young adult who knows that 4-H made a difference in her life. The truth is, there are so many Heathers who feel the same way, and I want Mary Millerto let them know that it is easy to support the program that supported them.

Over the past few years I have tried never to miss an opportunity to speak to the breadth and depth of our programs, our outstanding professionals, and our volunteers who do so much. I am certain that, dollar for dollar, no better leadership development program has ever existed, and I want every young person in Virginia to have an equal opportunity to experience the benefits.

Your Virginia 4-H Foundation Board has a new strategic plan, and we invite you to learn more about our work. I am proud to promote giving. I dream of a program that is not limited by resources, and I know I am not the only one. We are working to build a sustainable future for our programs, and we invite you to engage with us to make it happen.

I am so pleased to report that our goal to work with agents across the state to establish local endowments is having an impact. If your county does not have a local endowment, we would welcome an opportunity to discuss this opportunity with you. An agent, a volunteer, a parent, or a friend of 4-H can take the steps to establish an endowment — and we can help.

I invite you to join us by investing in 4-H. There has never been a better time to help us ensure a fulfilling future for our youth.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mary Miller, Ph.D.

Chair, Virginia 4-H Foundation

4-H Foundation Summer Newsletter

Virginia 4-H Foundation, Hutcheson Hall (0419), 250 Drillfield Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061 The Virginia 4-H Foundation is a division of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., which has been granted 501(c)(3) nonprofit status by the Internal Revenue Service.