Director’s Update

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all of the outstanding opportunities you have provided for your members and volunteers this summer. I hope that you have also taken time for yourself and your family. Our family had a great beach vacation and I am grateful that the entire family could be there most of the week. As we conclude the 4-H year and prepare for the new one, I thought it would be appropriate to bring your attention to a few items.

If you have not visited 4-H.org lately, I would encourage you to check out all of the fabulous resources available to you to promote your program locally. In preparation for National 4-H Week, take a look at this site: http://www.4-h.org/resource-library/4H-marketing-online-resource-center/4H-campaign-assets/ . Here you will find high quality photos, posters, ads and other resources. Once you register, you can download materials.

Please take a few minutes to look at your data in the 4HOnline system. It is important that all youth and adults are enrolled. This data produces your unit ES237 report, the official record of the program that you provide leadership for at the unit level. It is very important that it is correct. If at all possible, individual member information is preferred so that you may use the information to market your programs, track member involvement over time, collect forms on-line, etc. If you did not open up for families to enroll last year, please consider doing so this year. Once the family is set up, the re-enrollment process will alleviate a lot of work for your UAA and members can track their projects and awards. Should you have questions or need assistance, please contact Tonya Price.

I know many of you are preparing for the State Fair. Don’t forget the new contest we are piloting at the Fair – The 4-H Lawn Tractor Safety Contest. I have attached the information. Registration is due September 12. Should you have questions, please contact Andy Seibel or Dan Swafford.

On a personal note, I sincerely appreciate your support this year with the passing of my parents and most recently with the car accident that my son and I were involved in. The notes, cards, and words of encouragement have been so uplifting. It is rewarding to work in an organization where folks care for and support each other.

Have a great week,

Cathy