Are you struggling to come up with healthy and tasty meals and snacks for your children when they come home from school? Do you need ideas on how to easily add vegetables to your child’s dinners? It doesn’t have to be hard to do this! The tips and meal ideas in this video will leave your kids asking for more fruits and veggies!
These tips from the video include:
- Cut up fruits and vegetables and place them in containers at eye level for easy and convenient access.
- Make fruits and vegetables fun and filling by pairing them with dips and dressings.
- Add frozen veggies to dinners for an easy way to increase your child’s servings of vegetables.
Easy and Healthy Meal Ideas for You and Your Kids:
- Serve sliced fruit such as oranges or apples, with your child’s grilled cheese sandwich. Pair it with tomato soup!
- Add in frozen veggies, such as broccoli, to your favorite pasta dish!
- A taco bar with fresh veggies is a fun way for your child to eat more vegetables.
Need help making snacks creative and fun for kids?
- Make ants-on-a-log by putting nut butter on celery, topped with raisins!
- Create breakfast pizzas using whole wheat English muffins, peanut butter, and topped with cut up fruit!
- Build fruit kabobs using fruit such as strawberries, bananas, and apples! (Be careful with sharp ends on skewers!)
- Serve fruits and veggies with fun dips!
Remember, you can help your child Eat Smart, Move More!