BLACKSBURG, Va., June 1, 2015 – A team of Henrico County 4-H students represented Virginia at the 2015 National LifeSmarts Championship, a national consumer education competition held April 17-20 in Seattle. The game-show style competition tested the team’s knowledge of consumer-related topics such as personal finance, health and safety, the environment, technology, and consumer rights and responsibilities.
The 4-H team, called WYSIWYG — an acronym for What You See Is What You Get — is composed of:
- Joshua Hyde of Henrico County;
- Stephen Baker of Henrico County;
- Curtis Cantwell of Henrico County;
- George Evans of Goochland County; and
- Emily Royster of Louisa County.