Virginia Tech will host a Beef & Forage Field Day July 27 at Kentland Farm in Blacksburg from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The public is invited to learn more about a variety of cattle- and forage-related topics and to experience Virginia Tech’s scenic Kentland Farm.
Topics will include
- Economics of low-stress beef cattle handling.
- Characteristics of quality feeder cattle.
- The Virginia beef industry and market outlook.
- Increasing pasture production with summer annuals and alternative forages.
- Baling and bale-handling demonstrations.
- Spray applications using boomless and aerial technology.
- Practical and low-cost application of precision agriculture in livestock.
- Precision technology demonstrations in forage systems.