Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) is on the front lines of helping our communities be the healthiest they can be. Having a healthy eating pattern and being active is key to good mental and physical health and quality of life. Protecting the skin from sun damage when working and playing outdoors at all ages significantly reduces the risk of skin cancer.
As community health educators and representatives of VCE, we have the opportunity to set the example and to model a commitment to a healthy lifestyle. The Healthy Meetings Initiative invites you to join your colleagues in developing a culture of health within VCE and among the clients that we serve.
By signing the Healthy Meetings Pledge, you are agreeing to:
- Make your programs and meetings an example of healthy living;
- Document your healthy meetings on the Healthy Meetings Checklist (see VCE Publications);
- Share your successes with pictures on the VCE Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, when possible;
- Use hashtage #VCEHealthyMeeting to spread the word;
- Let us know what you did by answering the end-of-the-year survey that will be distributed to all individuals and units that sign the pledge during the year.
Sign the pledge here, and join your VCE colleagues in creating communities of health!