Investing in 4-H through Scholarships

This year more than $45,000 in scholarships were distributed to help 4-Hers pursue their secondary education goals at the institution of their choice. These scholarships have been earned over many years of excellence in livestock and horse programs, leadership, milestone achievement, and service. One scholarship recipient said “receiving the Connie Collier Scholarship greatly eased the financial tension I was facing. Because of the funds received, I was Lexington Horse Showable to pay my first college payment. This scholarship is evidence that 4-H not only helped me grow during my years as a member, but also assisted me as I approached my future endeavors. Thank you!”

We, too, would like to express our appreciation to the funders of our scholarships, who make possible initiatives such as the Adranetta Weimer 4-H Incentive Fund, Connie Collier 4-H Scholarship Fund, Farm Credit Associations and Regions Banks Scholarship Fund, Virginia AGvocates Scholarship Fund, Virginia Junior Livestock Scholarship Fund, and Wayne Keffer Virginia 4-H Foundation Fund.

Thank you for investing in 4-H youth and their future.

4-H Foundation Summer Newsletter

Virginia 4-H Foundation, Hutcheson Hall (0419), 250 Drillfield Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061 The Virginia 4-H Foundation is a division of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., which has been granted 501(c)(3) nonprofit status by the Internal Revenue Service.