Well, it’s hard to believe it given the cool temperatures that continue to prevail, but our Spring meetings start this week with an In-Orchard meeting at Crown Orchards on Tuesday starting at 11AM and an In-Depth meeting at the Alson H. Smith, Jr. AREC on Thursday evening starting at 7PM. Our first Rappahannock County meeting will be next Wednesday (April 10) at Jenkins Orchard starting at 11AM.
All tree-fruit meeting dates, times, locations, and directions can be found at the new Tree-Fruit Extension and Outreach Website by clicking on the Upcoming programs & events link.
To ensure that you don’t miss future announcements, please be sure to sign up for the Virginia Tech tree-fruit email delivery service by entering your email in the “Subscribe to commercial tree fruit updates” box on the Tree-Fruit Extension and Outreach Website.
The meetings are focused on commercial tree-fruit production. However, meetings are open to all, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Virginia Cooperative Extension is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Contact: Michael LaChance
Nelson County Office
P.O. Box 298
8445 Thomas Nelson Hwy.
Lovingston, VA 22949
Drs. Yoder, Pfeiffer, Bergh, and Peck have shared their available dates so we can be assured that two or more of these resources will be present.
- April 3 HENRY CHILES / CROWN ORCHARD (Packing Facility in Covesville)
- April 17 RICHARD SEAMAN & CARTER PARR / SEAMAN ORCHARD
- May 1 JOHN & TOM BRUGUIERE / DICKIE BROS. ORCHARD
- May 15 KEVIN DRUMHELLER / DRUMHELLER ORCHARD
- May 29 HENRY CHILES / CROWN ORCHARD (Spring Valley Orchard. Heards Mtn.)
2012 Rappahannock County VCE Office In-Orchard Meetings
Contact: Kenner Love
Rappahannock County VCE Office
P. O. Box 119
Washington, Virginia 22747-0119
540/675-3619 FAX: 540/675-3232
- March 14th Grafting Workshop: Madison Extension Office, War Memorial Building, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- April 4th James Jenkins, Jenkins Orchard, Woodville
- April 25th Williams Orchard, Tommy and Eddie Williams, Flint Hill
- May 9th Lee’s Orchard, Bryant Lee
- May 23th Sunnyside Organic Orchard, Emily Cook mgr., Washington
- June 13th Stribling Orchard, Robert Stribling, Markham
- July 18th Graves’ Mountain Farm, Jimmy Graves, Syria
Directions and more details are located in this flyer:
2012 Rappahannock County In-Orchard Meeting Dates