Contact: Michael LaChance
Nelson County Office
P.O. Box 298
8445 Thomas Nelson Hwy.
Lovingston, VA 22949
Drs. Yoder, Pfeiffer, Bergh, and Peck have shared their available dates so we can be assured that two or more of these resources will be present.
- April 3 HENRY CHILES / CROWN ORCHARD (Packing Facility in Covesville)
- April 17 RICHARD SEAMAN & CARTER PARR / SEAMAN ORCHARD
- May 1 JOHN & TOM BRUGUIERE / DICKIE BROS. ORCHARD
- May 15 KEVIN DRUMHELLER / DRUMHELLER ORCHARD
- May 29 HENRY CHILES / CROWN ORCHARD (Spring Valley Orchard. Heards Mtn.)
2012 Rappahannock County VCE Office In-Orchard Meetings
Contact: Kenner Love
Rappahannock County VCE Office
P. O. Box 119
Washington, Virginia 22747-0119
540/675-3619 FAX: 540/675-3232
- March 14th Grafting Workshop: Madison Extension Office, War Memorial Building, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- April 4th James Jenkins, Jenkins Orchard, Woodville
- April 25th Williams Orchard, Tommy and Eddie Williams, Flint Hill
- May 9th Lee’s Orchard, Bryant Lee
- May 23th Sunnyside Organic Orchard, Emily Cook mgr., Washington
- June 13th Stribling Orchard, Robert Stribling, Markham
- July 18th Graves’ Mountain Farm, Jimmy Graves, Syria
Directions and more details are located in this flyer:
2012 Rappahannock County In-Orchard Meeting Dates
From Mark Sutphin, VCE agent, Frederick County. Please contact Mark for more details.
The Frederick County, Virginia Cooperative Extension Office is joining forces with Francie Kennedy, Project Coordinator for the Shenandoah Valley Farm-to-Table Project, to hold a networking event for producers and buyers (restaurant and institutional) in the Northern Shenandoah Valley. We have titled the event: GROW LOCAL, BUY LOCAL:
OPPORTUNITIES TO BUILD THE LOCAL FOOD ECONOMY IN THE NORTHERN SHENANDOAH VALLEY. Our goal is to foster relationships between local producers and buyers to grow the local foods movement in our area. It will be held at the George Washington Hotel on Monday, February 6th from 9am-4pm.
Please register by February 1st at www.growlocalbuylocal.eventbrite.com
There is a great lineup of speakers scheduled to highlight local food initiatives that are occurring in the Northern Shenandoah Valley (Counties of Clarke, Frederick, Page, Shenandoah, and Warren). We will enjoy a lunch prepared from food produced in the Shenandoah Valley.
Attached is a flyer with information. There are also more details posted at www.growlocalbuylocal.eventbrite.com, and you may contact Francie Kennedy directly at 540.432.6029 ext. 107. Feel free to contact me as well for assistance.
Please pass this information along to others you believe would be interested in attending. I look forward to seeing you there!
Associate Extension Agent
Agriculture and Natural Resources, Horticulture Virginia Cooperative Extension Frederick County Office
107 North Kent Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Phone – 540.665.5699
Fax – 540.722.8380
For more details:
grow local winchester flyer
On January 26, I will be conducting a hands-on fruit tree pruning workshop in collaboration with John Allison of VCE, of the Charles City & New Kent County offices.
Please see the Fruit tree pruning clinic flier for time, location, and other details.
The information will be targeted towards those with small to medium commercial orchards or large home plantings.